The Broad Place founders, Jacqui Lewis and Arran Russell have curated this beautiful Retreat based on their own personal interests and life enhancing experiences through Japan and India. Present Moment Awareness and knowing oneself (Zen), alongside eating and living in harmony with nature (macrobiotics as philosophy) as well as Self Realisation and mind body alignment (Veda). This is all combined into a concept we call MacroVeda. The essence of this is to live in alignment with our higher selves, more in flow, and attuned to nature.
Note from Jacqui Lewis – “The emphasis on this Retreat is education for higher grade living. How do we as humans engage with our higher selves and allow our ego’s to quieten? A seed has been germinating in my mind, beginning with a question; can (or indeed should) meditation exist as a discreet practice, separate in definition and application from our other physical and pragmatic practices? The more I dwell on this question, the more I realise that I am living the answer; there is no point where meditation ends and the rest of my life begins.”
We will be teaching and sharing philosophy, techniques and experiences to aid students in their integrated lives. We incorporate meditation and personal development into highly engaged, tech driven, social media filled lives. Our focus will be how to do this with more grace.
We would love to offer the experience of learning Broad Place Meditation on the Retreat. This is a wonderful opportunity to full immerse yourself by learning the #1 tool we have to living a High Grade Life! Keep reading for more details!
- Rounding Classes and daily practice of 2 Group Rounds Daily. This ancient sequence involving our mantra based meditation releases old stress and tension from the body and allows for a deeper practice and increased clarity, calm and creativity. This is a take home practice that you will be able to incorporate into your personal program ongoing.
- Yoga Classes for increased flexibility, to open the body’s meridian lines and anchor the mind and body into physical calm
- Walks in nature; including the beautiful beaches at Palm Beach and sunrise lighthouse and headland walks
- Inspiring Talks and Lectures on ancient knowledge from the Veda and Japan, steeped in history and relevance for modern living
- Rest time; each day there will be personal time to read, lie in the sun, nourish yourself and quite simply, relax
- Luxurious Accommodation in Private Houses in Palm Beach, within walking distance from each other, to ensure intimacy and privacy and space for guests
- All delicious home cooked meals, teas, and sweet treats
- Optional Cooking Classes and Talks to prepare nourishing food at home, understanding the principles of alignment with nature and balancing the mind and body. These and the food we will enjoy each day is about preparing and eating humbly. It will be delicious and delightful, cooked with heart, and designed to make the tummy and the soul happy. The kind of food you can recreate at home.
- Dips in the ocean and sunrise experiences on the sand
- There is a massage centre a 3 minute walk from the residences, that you can personally book into (at an additional cost)
- We have a few Stand Up Paddleboards that may be used whenever you please
- Palm Beach has some seriously beautiful nature to absorb, we recommend bringing swimmers and exercise clothes to ensure you can maximise your stay!
The retreat will run from Thursday 18th May to Sunday 21st May.
NOTE: A non-refundable deposit of $2000 is required to secure your place, the remainder of the course fee will be direct debited 3 weeks prior on the 24th April!
After reserving your place you will be emailed a confirmation email with all the finer details!
If you have any questions about the Retreat please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org