By accepting the Terms and Conditions you are entering into a legally binding contract.
ACN: 166 109 379
ABN: 97 166 109 379
referred to herein as The Broad Place, ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’.
The Broad Place sells services and products based on the terms and conditions set out in this agreement
- Nothing in these terms and conditions, limit any rights I may have under the Trade Practices Act, Fair Trading Act, any other Commonwealth or State Legislation. Any terms or conditions that create an inconsistency with aforesaid legislation are considered void to the extent of the inconsistency.
- The Broad Place sells products that are brand new and will not sell a product owned by a party other than The Broad Place unless otherwise stated.
- Prices displayed are on a GST-inclusive basis. The Broad Place has no legal obligation to issue a “tax invoice” (a legal document defined in the GST Act) unless the customer requests one.
- This agreement applies to all customers (whom make a purchase) via the The Broad Place website, or any website that has The Broad Place’s services, goods and refers to these terms and conditions, or any other avenue that it uses for retail purposes provided the other avenue refers to these terms and conditions.
- The Broad Place is no longer liable for any of its goods that have been on-sold by a customer to a third party.
- The content of the pages of this website is for my general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither The Broad Place, its directors nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- My use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at my own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be my own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet my specific requirements.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for my convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). I may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
- My use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
- Any terms and conditions, terms of warranty provided with any product, term of guarantees or any other term provided in an agreement made by The Broad Place with its customers that are inconsistent with New South Wales state legislation or Commonwealth legislation shall be deemed void to the extent of the extent of inconsistency.
Transfer of title and risk
- The Broad Place reserves title in all products sold to purchasers until full payment has been received for those goods, regardless of whether The Broad Place has parted with possession.
- Title in goods passes when The Broad Place has a received a full payment;
- If payment is made by direct deposit, received payment means cleared in any of the bank accounts specified in our terms of payment options.
- If payment is made by credit card, it means an ‘approved’ transaction.
- Risk in goods passes at the point they are dispatched for delivery, regardless of whether The Broad Place retains possession during delivery.
- If I ever have a complaint, I will message The Broad Place at email@example.com with my complaint and The Broad Place will do all that is reasonably and practicably possible to assess the merits of the complaint and respond to such complaints within a reasonable time and within a reasonable manner.
- I agree to abide by the code of conduct, equipment usage and use of services notices to customers that are displayed within The Broad Place’s premises in Paddington and in other venues I attend used by The Broad Place.
- I agree that the membership fees are not refundable and I agree and understand that non-usage of the facilitates or classes held by The Broad Place does not allow early termination of this agreement nor does it warrant a refund of any type. I also agree and understand that if I do not use the facilities or classes this does not affect any payment terms and conditions of this agreement and that The Broad Place is in no way responsible for my level of usage of the facilities or classes.
- The Broad Place may at its discretion terminate any membership agreement without notice for any non-compliance of this agreement or any behaviour or action that they deem inappropriate, including failure to abide by the code of conduct, equipment usage and use of services notices to customers that are displayed within The Broad Place’s premises and in other venues I attend used by The Broad Place from time to time.
- Facilities and services may change without prior notice. Any such changes will not affect the terms of my membership agreement.
- I understand that under no circumstances are members permitted to bring children into The Broad Place premises outside of advertised child specific classes, nor are they permitted to leave children unattended in any area of the premises at any time, and that The Broad Place accepts no responsibility for children either bought into the premises or left in the premises by a parent or guardian.
Direct Debit payments
- I understand that membership rates are reviewed periodically and may increase in The Broad Place’s discretion after an initial contract term has completed. I understand that members will be notified a minimum of 30 days prior to any such membership rate increase by way of signage within the premises or on the website.
- All payments for one off goods and services are due in advance. Some payments will be by monthly instalments. In the case of payment instalment plans, the first payment will be processed at the point of checkout, and then further payments will be deducted from my nominated debit/credit card from the date of the first payment.
- If a payment is not made by me or a nominated payment method is declined by my bank or credit card issuer, up to three separate attempts to process the payment will be made before my payment method is suspended. If my payment method is suspended, I will be contacted to arrange an alternative payment method and to process payment. In the event that payment is disputed by me beyond reasonable cause, The Broad Place reserves the right to pass all remaining payments on to a third-party debt collection organisation, and The Broad Place shall be able to recover all reasonable costs of recovery, including the collection agency’s fees, legal fees and disbursements, against me.
- The Broad Place uses secure processing software to collect and store all customer information. Once I enter any debit/credit card or bank account details into the Stripe software, The Broad Place is unable to access or edit this. Only I solely will be able to sign into my Stripe account to change billing and personal information.
- The Broad Place will store my contact details and any other questions asked at checkout in its secure server. This includes my name, address, contact details and information relevant to the goods and services I have purchased. I have the right to alter or correct any personal information held by The Broad Place at any time I wish by sending an email to at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event of a suspended payment method, my information will be passed on to a third-party debt collection organisation.
- In the event I am unable to attend a live course service purchased, I will contact The Broad Place to discuss the reasons why. If I am on a monthly payment plan, and I have already received the course, event, retreat or other service, I understand that full payment will be required.
- The Broad Place reserves the right, at entirely its own discretion to remove me as a user of its services due to overdue or incomplete payment, or if I have stated an intention to discontinue payments that are due in the future, or for inappropriate behaviour including failing to comply with the code of conduct, equipment usage and use of services notices to customers that are displayed within The Broad Place’s premises in Paddington and in other venues I attend used by The Broad Place from time to time.
- I am aware that I must cancel a service that is described as a meditation course 14 days prior to the start date for a full refund. I can always change the date and sit the course within 6 months of purchase.
- I am aware that I must cancel a service that is described as retreat at least 45 days prior to the start date for a refund, however I will still be liable to pay the non-refundable deposit.
- I am aware that one off events and workshops are non-refundable. Private Mentoring sessions require 48 hours notice for cancellations. If I provide under 48 hours notice I forfeit my session.
- I am aware that if I am on a monthly membership for any service or product, including but not limited to The Portal Annual Membership, that I am committed to a full 12 months of monthly payments. Should I cancel my Membership within these 12 months, I will need to pay out the remaining balance either in full, or monthly until the 12 months completes.
34. The Broad Place and its original content, features and functionality are owned by it and are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws. The content of this website is offered for informational, inspirational and supportive purposes only. The Broad Place is not responsible or liable for any misuse of this content.
35. This website also contains material which is owned by or licensed The Broad Place. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
36. All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, The Broad Place are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website by me may give rise to a claim for damages against me and/or be a criminal offence.
Amendment of these terms and conditions
The Broad Place reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions as it sees fit and my continued use of the site and services will signify my acceptance of any amendments made.
By ticking the box below I am accepting and agree to be bound by the provisions of these terms and conditions, the code of conduct, equipment usage and use of services notices to customers that are displayed within The Broad Place’s premises in Paddington and in other venues I attend used by The Broad Place from time to time. Any participation by me in the services provided by The Broad Place constitutes my acceptance of this.