We have curated this luxurious Retreat for those who wish to come to India, and have a truly nurturing time, have their every need met, and all of the potential stress removed from the experience of travel in India. We have curated an experience after hosting many Retreats in India so that you can have a spiritual journey, a learning experience, space for transformation, and complete pampering for mind and body!
We hire the entire property, with all 22 villas, restaurants, yoga class shalas, an Ayurvedic treatment centre, walks, gardens, and access to the beach – just for us. The intimacy and relaxation that you experience is honestly of another level as everyone unwinds together in an intimate group, but with so much spaciousness that you can also find much peace and solitude.
We generally live unaware of the nurturing inner voices of our being, drowned out by the din of daily life. And after the pandemic of the last two years, diving deeply back into a connection with ourselves is the ultimate gift we can give ourselves. Only when everything else quietens down and we are at peace can we truly hear the voice within, of our soul, of our intuition. This Retreat is reclaiming this space within.
We have taken out all of the stress, and the guess work of traveling to India. Even down to calculating all tips, from your drivers, to your coaches, to the ceremony pundits, all staff, everything we have taken into account so you can truly relax into the experience of India!
Every day there will be yoga classes for you to attend, and also your own private yoga deck within your villa. There are daily meditation with Jac, and she hosts talks, tools, and philosophy is shared. For the aspiring or professional creatives, there is a stunning art and pottery studio where you can be mentored by the resident artist. Think fresh squeezed pomegranate juices, spicy chai’s, amazing Ayurvedic body treatments, meditation to birdsong whilst sitting in a traditional shala overlooking a private beach. You can then go for a swim in the ocean and wander afterwards to the rhythms of the waves, or perhaps you wish to dip into the hotel pool and have some sun worship. Organic food that is farmed on the private property, and prepared for each meal with love, a process so integrated and interesting that you can also take gardening and cooking classes to understand more deeply the process. Spacious rooms, built traditionally with your own private yoga deck with views on the second storey, and open air pavilions to retreat and be in silence. There is only wifi available within the Library, so each day you can truly tune out from the rest of the world, while we take your mind, body and soul on a journey.
9 days and 8 nights
We are starting 12pm 4th September to 12pm 12th September.
Our Retreat will take place South of Goa in Karnataka and we recommend flying into Goa as then we can transfer you via private car to the property which takes about 3-4 hours of south GOA on the cove of Om Beach in Karnataka. We recommend you arrive by midday on the first day to enjoy lunch and your first treatment and settle in. This might mean arriving at the vending before in Goa and staying a night – our travel agent can organise this with you directly.
We will be situated on a private property of 26 acres, on the West Coast of India surrounded by pristine beaches and gardens. Coconut palms line the streets and beaches, and we are far removed from the hustle of the modern world, in an abode of peace. The Broad Place is taking over the entire 26 acres with its 22 villas, and we will collectively reside for 8 nights a sanctuary for your ‘prakruti’ or the innermost in a nature of an individual – that special blend of qualities and features that grants it uniqueness! It is our goal to offer a life plan for the ‘reconstruction’ of mind and body to bring about balance and harmony within.
We have for you to enjoy:
– two restaurants, one set outside on the sand, and the other in a huge open air pavilion
– a large oxidised swimming pool
– a meditation deck on a cliff overlooking the private beach with 180 degree views, in which we will do sunrise meditations
– a dedicated yoga shall of 1600 square feet open on all sides open air for sunrise yoga class each day
– a large library with wifi and an eclectic collection of books, this is the only wifi available space within the entire property so that you can really power down during your stay
– a second yoga class and meditation hut of 765 square feet
– an art studio for creative and mindful expression, with resident artists, you can explore painting, clay modelling and sculpting
– an Ayurvedic treatment centre
– the property fronts a huge bay and beach for quiet walks
The individual dwellings are villas that invite you to revel in open and green spaces that have been created within the walls of your very villa. They afford privacy yet open to the skies and expose you to nature, and your very inner nature in it’s full bounty. Your very own yoga deck on the second level offers spectacular views of the countryside and the ocean while you stretch your body and mind. Although the design is earthy and simple, it is not lacking in comfort. You will be cocooned in luxury whilst you step through your daily pilgrimage back to your heart and soul, landing fully in your body. There is air conditioning in the bedroom only should you need it for an evening.
There are no televisions in any of the rooms, nor is WIFI available, except for at the reception and library areas. This is a deliberate disconnect time, for you to cultivate utter presence, and unwind.
You will have:
Its architecture pays homage to the terrain and its character while infusing your personal spaces with an abundance of nature that plays its own unseen hand in healing.
– A huge King Size bed
– Seating Area
– Own a private yoga deck
– Private bathroom
– A Fine Selection of Green and Black Tea
– Personal Fridge
– Natural Bath Scrubber
– Spa Robe
– Hair Dryer
– Candle and Matches
– Yoga Wear -laundered free of cost
– Purified Drinking Water
– Wi-Fi in the Library
– A/C only in the bedroom
– Safe Deposit Locker
– Hot and Cold Water
Please note there is no room service to the rooms whatsoever. All meals are to be eaten in the dining areas – there are little monkeys that visit the property and whilst very friendly and shy, the venue doesn’t want to encourage them to head into people’s rooms as at the moment they stick to the trees!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of healing, is unique in that it addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of our well being in an integrated and related way. Our therapies are designed around this holistic understanding of life and serve to heal your body, relax your mind and rekindle your soul.
Ayurveda dates back more than 2000 years originating in the Vedas, the ancient Hindu texts that contain practical information related to almost all aspects of life and is that branch of the Vedas which delves into the essence of right living and healing. Literally meaning the ‘knowledge or Science (‘veda’) of life’ (‘ayur), Ayurveda is an amalgamation of different knowledge systems that combine to offer a right and healthy way of life that is disease free.
Within your Retreat package you will be able to see the Ayurvedic doctor before each of your treatments, and you will experience a beautiful package of 6 Ayurvedic massage treatments included within the Retreat of 45 minutes each. The rooms are open to fresh air with outdoor showers for your post treatment shower and dry off.
There are so many divine Ayurvedic treatments available to you that you can also book independently throughout your stay (any additional treatments outside the daily 45 mins will incur an individual fee to the guest)
SPIRITUALITY AND EDUCATION
We will be immersed deeply into the culture of India within the Retreat. A time to release and let go of all that is holding you back, and to surrender to the divine the path that is truly yours.
Every morning there is a 60-minute yoga class and in the afternoons another regular yoga class, as well as a yoga Nidra, and a pranayama class available for you, so you can create your own schedule!
Jacqui has planned some wonderful immersive Workshops for personal transformation, as well as some sunrise and sunset talks. These will be a way for you to learn, immerse and transform. The focus will be on living in alignment with our soul, honouring our higher selves, creative expression as a connect to the divine, and also integrating what is learnt on the Retreat in our daily lives on departing this magical experience.
We will be visiting a local Shiva temple, and wander the streets with the sacred cows in the local community as a special outing one day also! And visit the local beaches for a sunset ice cream and wander around with the cows that roam free with the dogs.
Send an email to email@example.com
ECOLOGY AND COMMUNITY
The property is set on a private beach, and recipes from the local communities are used, as well as staff that live locally. As an earth centred property, rain water is collected and harvested and kitchen waste is composted for biogas that fuel the kitchens and fertiliser for the organic gardens.
There is a huge art Shala and Pottery studio on the property, and Mathew the resident artist and art teacher is one of the kindest and creative of teachers. He has a gentle compassion and belief that everyone has a creative element and he coaches is gently out for everyone attending his studio. The studio is open every day morning and afternoon and you can pop in and spend as little or as much time there. This is also a really amazing way for creatives to allow themselves the time and space to explore a range of mediums, set amongst nature with as little or as much guidance as you choose.
We have structured the Retreat so that the first 6 days are full of retreat, nurture and stability. The last two full days for those that wish to join in (you might never want to leave the property it is so good!) we are adding in two adventures, one via bus, and one via tuk tuk, to explore the local towns, temples and markets as a group. Included within the Retreat fee is all transportation and a lunch in the local town. Shopping or anything you might wish to buy will be up to you, please bring some local currency of Indian Rupee for this ahead of time.
We have to be honest this is some of the most delicious food we have ever eaten! The variety and flavours delight at each and every meal. We can say the food is definitely one of the highlights! We prefer to make food that is grown in harmony with nature, ripened naturally on healthy soil and cooked with an air of mindfulness. The fresh produce – from the organic vegetable farm on the property and the neighbourhood – consists of seasonal tropical fruits, vegetables and freshly caught seafood. These are complemented with juices and herbal teas. Dairy and eggs are limited in their use as is the use of oils in our preparations. The menu does not feature meats, hard liquor, refined sugar or refined flour. Everything is seasonal, and the fish is locally caught. Guests can interact with the cooking, gardening and dive into learning as much as they wish. The cooking classes are casual, friendly and a wonderful way to better understand healthy cooking with lots of flavour!
This is a uniquely curated experience where you get to receive advice and help on getting to the Retreat centre, as well as a curated experience once there. This is not a ‘book and see you there at your own stress’ experience. We have hosted so many retreats in India, and know all the ins and outs. You will have access to our local travel agent for all your private transfers out of and back to the airports so you can travel with safety and ease. Additionally the cadence of the Retreat has been mapped out by us for a luxurious, deep relaxation in nature, as well as lots of body movement and also some adventuring towards the end of our time together! Preparing you for your entry back into regular life is one of our specialities so you don’t move from deep relaxation into the shock of travel and work on the other side.
– Accommodation; your huge, beautiful private stone and timber villa for 8 nights and 9 days
– Classes and Talks and Meditations with Jacqui
– A private check in with Jacqui – and she’s available for chats as you need
– Two adventures to local temples and markets via our own private bus or tuk tuks
– All consultations with the Ayurvedic doctors and yoga therapists
– Your 6 Ayurvedic Massage Treatments; massages, oil & herbs,
– Daily yoga classes, pranayama and yoga Nidra classes are available daily
– Daily meditation sessions
– All your meals, tea, coffee and water during your stay, juice is available with every breakfast (please note that additional juices/smoothies and drinks can be ordered and charged to you)
– All Art therapy & guided pottery sessions
– Interactive cooking classes
– All Tips; this includes your drivers and everyone at the property and the temple visit, we have taken out all the guess work and the stress of this, so that we also can all rest easy knowing everyone is being tipped generously
– All taxes; no getting stung at the end of your trip with additional taxes
– Access to our private travel agent for help with additional bookings you wish to make for your stay in India, who you would interact with individually as needed
– Your private transfer back to the airport after, as everyone will be going to different locations at different times. We will work with you to organise your transfer with our travel agent and the fees accordingly though so there is no stress for you.
– Any additional travel arrangements are not made by The Broad Place
– Additional Ayurvedic treatments
– You can book in private mentoring sessions with Jacqui at $300AUD for 30 mins and $600AUD for an hour ahead of time or on the Retreat.
– Your visa into India will need to be sorted
– Your flights which will need to be booked individually
– Travel insurance which you will need to take out at your own discretion
– As we are booking out the entire private property for this Retreat additional nights either side are not available, however, our travel agent can help you with all additional travel that you may wish to book to make this trip the trip of a lifetime!
Some notes please on fees. Please take the time to read this, once the deposit has been paid you are bound by these terms.
- We are offering the fees in two currencies. These are non-negotiable, please just choose a currency that is to your suiting and we will not be offering other currencies outside of AUD and USD. Once you choose a currency, the deposit and remaining amount will be tied to that singular currency and you cannot swap halfway through.
- All fees paid including the deposit are non-refundable. Please ensure you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover you should your plans change. The Broad Place is not responsible for any changes in your plans, flights, or ability to attend the Retreat. The Broad Place will happily accept someone of your choice that you organise to attend the Retreat should you not attend, however, we will not source a replacement for you on your behalf.
- We have an Early Bird Rate that is to be paid in full prior to the date of Dec 15th 2023. If the deposit is paid and the remaining amount is not paid prior to 15th December you will be moved to the Regular Rate for the remaining fees.
- All fees in their full payment must be completed prior to June 30th 2024.
- We accept direct bank transfers and can set that up in your local country through WISE.
SINGLE-PERSON KING VILLA
EARLY BIRD FEE
SHARED RATE (PER PERSON RATE) KING VILLA
EARLY BIRD FEE
A deposit of $4500AUD or $3800USD is required to secure your booking. Please email us to receive an invoice in the currency of your choice and we will begin the enrolment process with you directly.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that upon paying a deposit you accept this is a non refundable deposit. You may transfer your deposit to someone else in your place should you not be able to attend, but the responsibility of finding that person is up to you. Please note that all payments are non refundable. The Broad Place is not responsible for any changes to your travel plans and will not refund any amounts, but we are very happy to transfer them to another guest of your choice. We recommend that you take out a premium travel insurance plan in case something prevents you from attending this Retreat so that you can deal with them independently regarding if you need to cancel your trip. We have a policy that is very clear to avoid any confusion.