How do I do so many creative things and put them into the world? It’s a question I am asked a bit so it seemed worthwhile taking a moment to answer this as there are many inputs to my creativity personally. It’s not a seemingly inexhaustible capacity to create as it might seem. It’s a combination of
– I meditate every day to ensure my creative capacity is at it’s ultimate
– I take very good care of my nervous system so that my expression of my creativity is supported by my body. If I am tired, not eating well, and not exercising my creative output shrinks accordingly
– I move beyond my constant fear of putting things out in the world daily, it’s not pleasant but it will hold me back unless reigned in. So I constantly reign in that fear.
– I recognise that perfection is a strategy my ego created, and often put things into the world that are not as completed as I would like them to be. It’s either get it out there to the best of my ability, or angst and never get it done.
– I absorb as much of other people’s creativity as I can. I savour their writing, their movies, their recipes, their fashion, their conversations, their ideas. I turn to nature to inspire me. I see creativity as an in and out process, and I try take in as much as I can.