Today is Letter 300. There are so many Letters behind these when I wasn’t tallying them up. But 300 feels like something special. So I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for reading all of these Letters. For all your beautiful responses and shared experiences. There are over 37,000 of you reading them, with Instagram and our mail subscribers and it is a gift for me to be able to share some thoughts and hopefully inspire you to live your highest grade life. It’s a gift that I don’t take lightly. Gratitude is a practice I use when I am having a meltdown about my writing in all it’s various forms. It gets me out of my ego and into my heart.
I read all of your responses, but often don’t have the capacity to answer them so I wanted to include a bunch of things here from recent questions, to inspire you to start writing also.
– Even if no one is reading it, I can’t recommend writing every day more. I used to do Morning Pages but now in truth view this purge as a waste of valuable creation time. Write always, even if it’s 5 minutes waiting for a bus into your phone notes. Even if it’s just after eating lunch. But write. Something happens to your creativity and consciousness when you continually put thoughts on paper, it’s very expansive.
– I source the quotes from a million places it feels like. Newspapers, online, journals, blogs but mostly books. I read a lot and am always jotting down quotes for later use.
– I write these Letters absolutely anywhere. On my iPhone notes, on my iPad, computer, on paper that I then transcribe. Don’t get precious about needing ‘special writing time and space’. Just smash it out or you never will.
– I am fully aware there are many typos and sometimes they are sloppily written. I have used Letter writing as a daily practice to reduce my OCD perfectionism and weighed up, would I prefer 6 messy Letters a week or 1 perfect Letter? I try as this question about all areas of my life.
– I feel vulnerable and raw and often feel I have overshared and feel sick. I keep going anyway.
– When I write at my desk I often listen to music softly, but am VERY specific about the type and listen to these two playlists over and over again.
This one https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2YY3rAwm9tldNhlBmuMqgY,
this one https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX9uKNf5jGX6m
& this one https://open.spotify.com/playlist/54SuzvmYOKygMsuI8jEKO6
– Read! I read certain books every day; the Tao Te Ching and Marcus Aurelius’s Meditations as I find repetitive reading gives me deeper insight. And then I have about 40 other books on the go at all times!
I hope this inspires you a little to get your writing going.
Sent with love,