Getting grounded can be simple, and I have found that the simple ways work the best. So at this slightly nuts time of the year, I have created a simple list for you to become more present, mindful, and grounded. It might be a busy time of the year, but it doesn’t mean we have to get caught up in the nonsense of it all either.
I’ve put these into a little graphic in case you want to save the image as a reminder too.
- Take slow deep out breaths to calm your mind and body, get out of fight-flight by moving into a rest and digest setting through your breath.
- Take full accountability for yourself and your emotions, acknowledge what’s within your realm of control and what is not.
- Meditate regularly instead of waiting to meditate when life falls apart, we recommend a twice-daily practice.
- Spend as much time in nature as is possible.
- Drink enough water for your body, at least 1.5 liters daily and eat lots of vegetables.
- Land fully and centre into your body, when your mind is racing, settle into your senses and then gently move from there.
Written with love,