Bronnie Ware was an Australian nurse who worked with the dying, continually asked them their regrets as they passed on, which she recorded. The top 5 are;
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so much.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
I think that most of wishes are linked to creativity. Living a life true to ourselves is to explore, be curious and not simply do as we are told, but to carve out our own unique path. Expressing our feelings, social connectivity, happiness and joy are all linked to being lateral in our lives, in flow, connected and full of creativity.
What will your 5 regrets be? Will there be more than 5, or less than 5? Will they align to these? Or will you read these, and decide to change your life, right now, today, so you are not amongst the majority who die with these, very regrettable regrets.
Written with love,