When we are thirsty, it’s hard to concentrate, sleep well and we overeat. Not ideal right? Part of the High Vibe Challenge is drinking 1.5-2 litres of water daily. It’s imperative to our physical and emotional health we drink enough quality water. Try to seek out filtered water, instead of plain tap water where you can, but ultimately just get the water into you!!
Tips for hydration:
- Chew your water, sip slowly and keep your water intake regular throughout the day. Gulping down a litre of water at 2pm because you forgot means you will literally pee it straight out as your bladder will just think it’s overloaded and will signal it needs to flush it all out!
- Have a large glass of water next to your bed so the first thing you do in the morning is to drink this.
- Don’t drink iced water unless really hot, and try drinking room temperature water or better still hot water. Hot water helps the lymphatic system and is more calming on the nervous system. Iced water gives your digestion a shock, so avoid where you can.
- If you’re exercising that day increase your water intake.
- Don’t drink water with meals, it is harder to digest your food and also throws out your hunger signals, drink before and after a meal and in between meals only.
Written with love,